Sunday, November 25, 2007

On the last lap...again.


Hello peeps, I think that after some false starts I am finally on the last lap with Miller from Rowan's A Yorkshire Fable.
It's the one on the right of the picture there.
It hasn't been a particulary inspiring knit, being miles of stocking stitch in a very "rustic" yarn but I'm quite sure I'll get plenty of wear from it this winter once I've let it dry and got it all sewn together. I can't give you a blocking or progress shot, me being in Scotland, and the camera being in England, but I can give you this archive shot in the meantime.
It's a Kim Hargreaves design and I've been making it in mostly Harris Tweed and Knitwear Harris Wool, with the accents done in Rowan Scottish Tweed.
I'm off to blow on the pieces to see if they'll dry any quicker.
Do you know the best bit about the knitting on this being finished? I can take something different with me to the Stitching group on Tuesday if I can make it along :-)

4 comments:

Flavaknits said...

It will be worth it when its done - such lovely yarn, and colours.

Unknown said...

Oooh, it is a really good pattern, I look forward to seeing the completed knit. Shockingly, I don't have this book, I need to remedy this fast...

Anonymous said...

I wear my Miller alot. Its a good all round garment, and for me goes with most things. Keep plugging on - it will be worth it in the end.

RoxyK said...

I have A Yorkshire Fable too, though haven't made anything from it yet. Though I remember there is a lot plain stocking stitch involved in many of the designs. Will be worth it in the end though I'm sure ;)