Sunday, June 05, 2011

Ingredients for Monster socks

*Regia Galaxy Jupiter Blau Pastel 1553 - few yards of, from the centre of the balls. From experience there is still plenty in the two balls in the stash to make socks for me.
*Pattern Prism by Jaya Srikrishnan, as used in my Pink Boot socks in 2008 (Still going strong). Good pattern in my view because you are carrying over some stitches from one colour band into another, and gives a hint of unity to the Monstersocks or Frankensocks.
*Leftovers of Regia Galaxy Jupiter Blau Color as used in DH's Navy Galaxies. (2008)
*Leftovers of Regia Mini Ringel as used in Stripy Jaywalkers (2006)
*Leftovers of Regia Mi
ni Ringel as used in Ribbed Ankle Socks (2006)

Yes, I admit it, I'm stalling because I can't show you pictures of the actual finished socks yet. Soon, soon I tell you. x K

Saturday, June 04, 2011

Jury Service Monster Sockage!

Last week I was on Jury Service at the Sheriff Court in Glasgow. It was stressful, uncomfortable, pointless and generally a right pain in the bahoochie.
However, I did manage to make some progress on my toe-up Monstersocks on the rare occasions that I got a seat, and have now finished both legs.
(The feet and heels were already done. I was doing both socks in tandem to keep track of what yarn to use next.)
All that remains now is for me to graft the heels and sew in the millions of ends.
These Monstersocks are made from remnants of Regia yarns I've been left with over the years.
I'll give more pattern details when they are totally finished, but for now I'll leave you with some pictures of them looking particularly monstrous, inside out and with all those ends to fasten off and with our grass looking like straw.