Sunday, May 22, 2011

Multnomah Preview

Dodging the April-style showers to take a couple of snaps of a little shawlette I've recently finished.

These are the unblocked shots of my Multnomah by Kate Elsa of HelloKnitty.net.
A lovely little knit which was a pleasure to make in the Colorimetry Swoony Sport yarn I bought at The Life Craft in Glasgow.

I made some minor
modifications- I slipped the first stitch of every row, and I introduced a half-repeat of the feather and fan pattern when I had enough stitches, rather than having fields of garter stitch at the sides and centre. This has resulted in more of a pull on central column rather than the straight as a die lines in the original, but I don't regret it. I just kept going until I ran out of yarn which resulted in a few extra repeats. I'm going to give it a wee bath and then put up some nice blocking and blocked shots.

3 comments:

Paula said...

It looks great.

Flavaknits said...

Your back! Looks lovely KAthleen .Mx

Anonymous said...

Very pretty - and nice to see you back, Kathleen.

Jill