Thursday, December 31, 2009

Night falls on a decade


Just in case you're wondering, THIS IS THE MOON!!!

Couldn't resist getting the tripod out and taking a picture of the moon over Balcary Bay and Hestan Island. It's casting such a magnificent glow over the water and wet sand. It's so bright you could knit a couple of rows by it.
A neighbour lady called it a blue moon because it's the second full moon in a month.

I'm including a shaky hand-held picture so you can believe me it is the moon.

Can it really be ten years since we geared up to celebrate the dawn of a new millenium?

This decade has seen a lot of tears, but I don't want to dwell on that, I'm just going to linger on the thought that this decade brought me my beloved Jonathan, and for that I will be eternally grateful. And by that I mean, eternally. x K

3 comments:

SunOS4 said...

You are very precious to me. J x x

Paula said...

Lovely pictures Kathleen. Happy new year to you.

Twelfthknit said...

I can go with that. it's the decade that brought NUmber Guy to me, so I have an idea how you feel.

Remember....if you feel like a wee Swiss trip this year, I'm your gal :0)