Thursday, May 29, 2008

Seeking closure

Firstly, thank-you for your kind comments about the Stoney vest and the Twilley's cardigan.

I've made this wee corsage as a closure for the blue cardigan. I knitted a square in the main yarn then felted it by distressing the bahoochie (sp?) out of it by alternating between boiling and very cold water. Did the trick very quickly, but you will observe the colour change which happened in the process. Not just lighter shades of the main colours, but the nature of the colours is altered. I kinda like it. Sort of rustic or naive or something. It's an homage to something I once saw in a shop.

Of course, if I had knitted a swatch, ha ha ha I could've felted it. It has a brooch pin from Get Knitted on the back.


Happy Knitting. x K


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it Kathleen, it's really cute and a great way to use up left over yarn you love. I've been thinking of doing something similar but I was going to throw it in with the washing.