Monday, June 29, 2009

Recycling Week


Recently Cartside tagged me to take part in Recyling Week.

I use real bags for shopping, I already recycle paper, cardboard, plastic, cans and glass and I have two compost bins so my contribution to Recycling Week is to take all the usable bits off greetings cards I have received.

Toppers, greetings, edging, wording, embellishments, they're all being recycled from hoarded cards and you can expect to see little bits and bobs of them on your hand-made birthday cards in the coming months.

This may seem like a "drop in the ocean" response to such a big issue but as I say we already recycle everything we can locally and anyway, I'd rather light a candle than complain about the darkness.

The big environmental issue we have to address in our home is REDUCE re-use recycle and this is the major challenge for us in the long-term.

No comments: