Tuesday, August 03, 2010

New tap


Someone else has done all of the hard work this time!
This is a hand-knitted top, not by me, though. It's a former sample garment for Jaeger Handknits.
I'm really pleased with it, it's a lovely colour and it looks ok now but I think it will look even better as I trim down a bit more. I'm also happy because I don't know how to do this loopy stitch so I have no pangs of conscience that I could just as easily have made it myself.
I bought it from Jannette's Rare Yarns, a shop I enjoyed buying from on e-bay, which is now a normal online shop. Prices are shown in dollars, which is no problem at all if you use Paypal and items are shipped promptly from a UK address

Suffice it to say that I got it for a bargain price, and was quite delighted to see it because in my experience sample garments are usually seen in the first or second sizes. I do not have the pattern book that this came from, but I would reckon this would be the largest size, being a 42".
The T-shirt is called "Sym", and was designed by Amanda Griffiths. It was knitted in Jaeger Albany, colour Damson #270. It comes with a code number, JHGB1113, which I think refers to the pattern book. I can't seem to find it, but my mooching around has thrown up that you can still get Jaeger Albany yarn in selected colours at English Yarns (sidebar).
Lovely new tap, lovely new tap, lovely new tap.

2 comments:

Flavaknits said...

Lovely shade and pattern , suits you so well. Mx

Sandra said...

great find! Unfortunately, no sample knitting to buy here in Croatia!