Tuesday, December 13, 2005

From shop to neck in jig time

Here's my finished drop stitch scarf in Colinette Giotto, shade Cezanne. Have provisionally given it a knotted fringe, but I'll see how I feel about that in the next few days. I'm thinking I'm going to keep this for me, but you never know. It was a fabby quick knit and I really like the effect. I only bought the yarn on Friday, what a good girl I am becoming. (Are you listening, Santa?)J says he thinks Cezanne is an appropriately evocative name for this colourway.
It took just over one ball, which was great. If I had made it just a little narrower (this one was 25 sts on 9mm) I'd have got away with one ball. I've got plenty left so that's not an issue for me, but if any of you fancy making it you'll know the score. It's also a thought for me if I ever need a present PDQ. I am going to try to make a scrunchy with some of the rest of the ball. And, as for the "Misty" I luckily dipped, I'm thinking a traditional shopping bag???

When I saw Jill on Saturday, she was making a Multi D in Noro Aurora, what a fabulous idea!

By the way, I taught someone to knit yesterday! We worked for a while on a chunky smooth yarn I had around and then when I left her she was a few inches into a fairly broad scarf in Rowan Chunky Print in a zingy shade which was her motivation. Bet she's wearing it at next knitting meetup in the Tramway in January.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great scarf !

Anonymous said...

Great scarf, great colours. Incidentally, if you hang it up it will grow longer and thinner, as if by magic. I have a Giotto scarf that has stretched by at least twelve inches, and that was a one skein scarf.

Twelfthknit said...

Another convert to the mystical art of knitting....

Scarf looks great - what's on the needles now?

Kathleen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathleen said...

Some little darlings came to the buzzer there and got me all mixed up so I'll start my comment again.

Thanks for the comments, glad you also think it is nice.

On the needles now is a hairband (not scrunchy after all) in my leftover Giotto, and the Multi D in Regal Silk. We'll they're the "active" things anyway! x K

Twelfthknit said...

Hey, Nicola dropped in to North Star tonight. Literally for 5 minutes - it was so crowded there was no room - shame she came all that way. DId get to see her knitting - She obviously had a great teacher ;0)