Sunday, December 11, 2005

Very knitty weekend

I've had a fun knitting weekend I can tell you. On Friday evening I went off to the 10% discount night at Katharine's shop, K1 Yarns, Queen Margaret Drive (link in sidebar). I bought, amongst other things ;-) some of this Colinette Giotto in the colourway Cezanne. One of the best things about K1 yarns is that you can get things you can't otherwise source locally. Can you believe I'm already making headway with this, it hasn't been in the house 48hrs yet and it is on its way to becoming a drop stitch scarf. I'm loving the way it shows off the colours.

So, on Saturday I went off to help our India, also known as Midsummer Night's Knitter over at her blog Twelfth Knit, celebrate an important birthday last month. I'm not sure what age she turned, but she doesn't look a day over 26. Jill and Heather from Dollydimple were already there, nibbling on the appetisers. India seemed really pleased with her goody basket we had contributed to, and I'm sure it will be well documented over on her blog in the fullness of time.

Anyway, what did Secret Santa give me but some gorgeous Colinette Giotto in the Misty colourway. He must have known I was lovin that yarn! It seems to go quite a long way as well. Had a good laugh, good food, good wine, good company, what more can you ask for ?

Then today I went off to the last Knitting Meetup before Christmas at the Tramway. We talked about everything today- cabbages and kings. Thoroughly enjoyed it. And now, I'm rushing off (that's why I haven't done proper links) to sing in church. Yes, again. Yes, I am still loaded with the cold, but you can't keep a good woman down.

All the best, happy knitting, K x
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Twelfthknit said...

Yes, Kathleen, all is being revealed (!) over the fullness of time. What an amazing gift - thank you - again and again and again....