Sunday, October 01, 2006
A nice sandy shot of the edging. When I did my headscarf/ swatch I decided to change the edging when I got to the full scale version. I wasn't crazy about starting the edging on a half-open leaf, so this time for the last rep I used make one to increase in each leaf rather than y/o. I continued by basically keeping the stitch count correct by doing y/o between each rep and a double dec in the middle. I reasoned that this edging could be longer or shorter depending on how much yarn I could eke from the ball. In the end the ball decided for me because there was a knot near the end and I took the hint to finish there, although I had a few rows' worth of yarn left. The edge wants to scallop like this, even before blocking.