Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Flora

As if I didn't have enough projects on the go, I have decided to join Heather as she knits her second Flora. http://dollydimpleknits.prettyposies.com/
I perused my notebook where I logged all my stash during the summer (took days to separate it all and mark it all in) and thought this would be a nice combination - Rowan Kid Classic #835, Rowan Kidsilk Haze #600 and Jaeger Alpaca #393. Originally I wasn't going to do the whole three strand thing but I've decide now I like the blended look and it has to be berry colours. Concepcion is helping me show the colours here.
Can't wait to see Karen's version of this too. She was finished knitting the main bit but still had work to do on the flower when I saw her at the Stitch and Bitch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, your yarn choices are so beautiful! I can't wait to see them knitted up.

Mine is a pastel pink colour done with rowan soft baby (new) and Patons Cotton top (vintage)

I finished knitting the flower tonight. Originally I did it the way she says to but I didn't like it at all so frogged it to make way for this new one and I'm a happy bunny now that it's done. All I have to do is sew on the buttons and it's good to go. My gran gave me an old (huge) Quality Street tin full of buttons so have been raiding that in search of the perfect one. I think I've decided on on from a jumper I wore when I was twelve! yep it's true, we do't throw nuthin' out in my family!