Thursday, September 08, 2005


I have pondered about whether to post my Alexandra Park pictures from Saturday in the light of the tragic news unfolding there this week. I have come to the conclusion that it would serve no purpose whatsoever if I don't post them. So here goes, my park photography. This is my Rowan Big Wool felted bag. I made up the pattern as I went along (urbanDK) and used my Addi Turbo Circs. Basically a rectangular bottom, pick up the stitches all round then make a tube. The rim is Big Wool Tuft. After washing way too hot for way too long, Voila! a felted bag. I added bamboo handles from getknitted and a wee brooch from Accessorize. When I showed J this picture he was dumfounded that I would photograph a brown bag against brown earth. I could see his point! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really beautiful. I have a collection of insect brooches that end up on my knitting, in various ways, so love seeing you pin the dragonfly on it.

Kathleen said...

Thank you. The dragonfly is a nice bronzy colour so it looks aged. Your collection sounds great, and what with brooches being in and all... (Not that we let it stop us if our favourite things are not all the rage.)