Sunday, May 21, 2006

Now all we need is a summer

Ha, ha!
I have finished my first ever Rowan design completed while the magazine was still current!
Usually I am about five seasons behind. This featured in Rowan 39, Spring 2006 can you believe, and was designed by the former Rowan consultant at my local department store, Carol Meldrum. Now if Carol was still there she might have something to say about my (whisper) colour loss problem.

This is me at long last in my Deep bolero which probably only dried out because of my breath over it every two minutes to see if it was ready yet.

It was knitted on 4mm and 5mm needles as specified in the shades
Cape(6) , Ghost(1), Powder(1), Blueberry(1) of Summer Tweed.

It also looks nice closed with a fancy clasp, but for now it can just grip my form. The two sides do meet by the way, in case you're wondering, but it is nice open like in their picture.

At the moment I am ignoring the blue water problem as best I can. ;-)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh it's lovely Kathleen. The colours are lovely and I really like the flashes of green. I fancied this pattern in the magazine so it is great to see the real thing so to speak. I do hope the colour loss thing is resolved.

Twelfthknit said...

THat was definitely worth the effort.
India

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathleen,
My applemac is misbehaving and I can't see your lovely Deep cardi - I look forward to seeing it soon, as I'm sure it will look great!

Anonymous said...

Kathleen - it's fantastic! I've just packed my Rowan mags, or else I'd have a look to see the magazine version though I'm sure yours is much better photographed!!! Good work!!!

Anonymous said...

Well done ! It looks really fab ! Blues really suit you. Nice. :0)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathleen

This is really lovely - will add it to my list!

Hope you are well.

Take care
Theresa

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous, you did a fantastic job with it and it suits you so perfectly fine! These boleros are so comfy to wear, and I think with the current weather it'll come in very handy! Congratulations! I absolutely love your color choice by the way!

Anonymous said...

Another fantastic knit!
You've inspired me to conver WIPs to FOs.
Unfortunately I have the attention span of a disinterested goldfish!

Sue
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathleen,
It works! I can see! The cardi is lovely, looks as good as the Magazine (mine never do!!)
You look very summery with it on , but as I look out across the Holy Loch, I can see a typical scottish summers day, Sun, rain, wind and Hail stones!

Anonymous said...

It's lovely! You look fabulous in it. I'm so happy to see a busty woman in it, because I've only seen the model and (thin) Anita, so was worrying about whether to knit it or not, for myself. How clever of you to put the lovely green stripes in it.

Elaine said...

Love it! It looks great - yay for finished objects!

See you soon
xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous work - love the colours, style, everything about it. It looks so much better on you than the one in the book does. I have just finished finals at college - so guess where I am off to and what I am going to buy?! :))