Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Cockle shell 1ply Shetland scarf

What do you think of my latest e-bay purchase?
I hadn't been on e-bay for ages due to a problem last year. (I was stung by a spoof e-mail which stole all my data and I had to change my bank details. Not good. Luckily I was on my October break from work so I could stop it all before anything nefarious had happened. Beware!)
Anyway, I decided to rejoin recently and have totally changed the way I register and pay for things. While I was browsing for yarn (like I need yarn) I saw this lovely scarf from Bixter, Shetland from seller eok458.
I sometimes buy hand knitted items from people, but not something that I woulda coulda shoulda knitted myself. Well, I wouldn't know where to begin knitting this one so I was happy enough to buy it.
I love it now it has arrived! It is so fine and detailed and delicate. The seller also had one in baby blue but I went for classic black. It must have taken so much time and effort to make. I got it for £15. Really.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, it's beautiful, you've gotta bring that along to a meet to let us all ooh and aahh in person! Kx

Kathleen said...

Sure, it's as light as a feather!

Anonymous said...

Why would anyone sell something so lovely for such a small price? What is the safest way to pay, do you think?

Kathleen said...

I just pay by cheque now Linda. I may well reopen a paypal at some point, but for now I'm still a bit wary. Quite annoyed at myself too for being fished in by spoof.
Heather, it would take me the odd decade or two or three to complete something as intricate as that!