Saturday, August 20, 2005

Rowan International Members Forum Edgy Exchange

There are lots of things wrong with the way these blog entries are working out, such as they are in the opposite order from the one I want, and every little thing I say ends up as a new entry, but I am so thrilled to be actually blogging and seeing it spring into life, I am happy to go with it for now, and learn the ropes as I go along!

So, I obviously knitted for someone for the exchange. I knitted for Sarah, I don't think she has a blog.
I made her a hot water bottle cover from Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran as I thought it would be lovely and soft. As members of Rowan International we are given free patterns each month as a members' benefit. Lots of them are available in other publications such as magazines or to whet your appetite for forthcoming books. That was the case with a child's lacy jumper last year, it was from Zoe Mellor's Adorable Knits for Tiny Tots. I really liked that pattern but never had the occasion to make it, so I took the flower motif from it as the centre of the hot water bottle cover. As it was the "Edgy Exchange" I used a repeating leaf pattern I got from Debbie Bliss' How to Knit.
I had some wool and some time left so I made a coat hanger cover with the same edging too, to round off the prezzie.
I really enjoyed taking part in the exchange and have been really impressed at the gifts winging their way across the world, as seen on www.picturetrail.com in the rowaninternational section.

No comments: