Sunday, August 21, 2005

Ribbon Twist bag

This bag is not a recently FO but if you're taking your knitted stuff about in a handmade bag you may as well take a pic. It is one of many bags I have knitted but unlike most of the others, it isn't felted.
It was knitted in Rowan Ribbon Twist with a trim of Jaeger Fur. I just made the pattern up as I went along. (urbanDK) I managed to get a remnant of cotton in the bargain bin at John Lewis to line it.
Last year when I was at the Hobbycraft and Creative Stitches Fair at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre I was lucky enough to win a very basic sewing machine in a raffle run by Cancer Research. Afterwards I had an orgy of sewing linings and things for knitted items, which was fabby because I was then able to use things that had been sitting nearly ready for ages, like this green bag.

No comments: